Pages

Friday 29 October 2010

TP 121: Yellow

Thank you Carmi for the Yellow theme for Thematic Photographic... this morning, feeling crap as I was, a walk around the garden in search of Yellowness was exactly what I needed.

I was going to give you a Yellow Tour, but since blogger decided that most of the photos would look much better on their sides (not), you are limited to these two for now...

My trusty yellow bucket. Isn't it funny how you can get attached to such meaningless inanimate objects?   This one is the proof that if you buy the right bucket, it won't split in the first frost when you leave it outside.

The Mahonia is just coming into flower; it flowers from now through December. I caught this little chap having a rest on it out of the wind this morning.

10 comments:

  1. cool bucket, love the flower with the bug too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a big bug!

    I like yellow. Let's see... I have yellow sticky notes, a yellow mug, a yellow highlighter, and some yellow thumbtacks. That is the yellow inventory for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your yellow bucket is meaningful and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photographing a bucket.... I never would've thought of that.
    Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I like the bucket...and the bug huggin' the flower.

    *hugs* I hope the walk about helped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you managed to get out. These are two beautifully composed photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and it looks like a very fine bucket too!...love the little bug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both shots. I hope the walk outside lifted your spirits - the results have lifted mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bucket fan, too. Sometimes, the most seemingly ordinary objects manage to connect themselves to us. I don't understand how or why, especially because I've never really gotten the whole "stuff" think. But it is what it is, and this is a great picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...just have to comment once more, love this bucket. It really does stand out in almost a question form, each time I flip through the posts....hello it's me the YELLOW bucket waiting to carry something!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)