Pages

Friday 8 October 2010

Misson: Accomplished II

To begin, let me steal a quote that my good friend JJ put in his last post:

Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.  ~Harper Lee

How much we take for granted in our lives!!    In my case (the first that spring to mind):  Walking, cycling, driving, going to the office, mowing the lawn and gardening, shopping... and showering.

Today's Mission: Accomplished was to have my first standing-up shower since the end of June!  I started off in hospital with body-washing and then a proper shower with a nurse to help me (oh how fantastic it felt to wash my hair!). It was a big deal the day I managed to have a shower in the hospital on my own. Then I was home with a borrowed showering seat and Mr H. hovering while I manoevered in and out of the shower; and today I decided that I can do away with the seat and HOW good did it feel!   Oh and it took half the time as well ;-)

One more notch on my Post of Normality...

9 comments:

  1. Yea! Good news.

    btw I don't think I've told you how much I love your blog header (title?) photo. Every time I see it it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mustang Sally: thanks! Me too ;-) It's kind of the idea that the horizon is the dreams and my shoes on solid ground are the reality...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juniper: You are becoming an inspiration for all of us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!!!! :-)

    Oh, I bet that felt really, really, REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel as proud of yourself for what you are achieving through this recovery, as we feel proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is good news! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful Juni! I remember many a time where I had trouble taking showers because of injuries I gave myself and what not and how good it feels to finally be able to wash without having to mess with the trials and tribulations of regular bathing.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Juniper. I bet it felt good to take one more step to ward normality.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)