Pages

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Medicinal purposes

I have been trying to avoid catching a cold, figuring that I really don't want 'being sick' on top of everything else; but these things can't be avoided forever. So here I am, snorting into my hankie, drinking ginger and lemon tea with honey, and hot chocolate laced with Woodford Reserve (yes, that which I bought for Mr H; I'm sure he won't mind).



It's not flu (if you can get out of bed, it's not flu, ok you men reading this? ha), and it's not 'a stinking cold' as my mother likes to describe them. It's just an everyday, run-of-the-mill cold.

But I'm here on my own, hobbling around with no desire to decide what to eat; so I reserve the right to feel sorry for myself for a few days, ok?

8 comments:

  1. aw, I'll feel sorry for you too. Colds suck. You're not seriously ill but almost nothing makes you feel more miserable.

    Hope you're better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, definitely time to have a good, back to bed, hot drink, soppy movie, wallow. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite thing to eat, when I have a cold, is hot soup made with loads of garlic. I usually make a tomatoey lentil soup with spinach, but any kind will do. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie: I did actually work today, but given that I didn't finish breakfast til 10am, and stopped work at 3pm.. At least I can work in bed ;-)

    Queenie: that does sound delicious. I'm too lazy to make soup (I know, I know, but I would have to use a recipe and all that), but our supermarket does happen to sell some delicious fresh ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh my periods are like that. That and mild colds, I just don't want to do anything but sleep or watch movies/TV.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...you poor thing.

    Dealing with the trauma of being separated from the puppy AND a miserable gucky ucky stuff!

    Yup. I think this calls for some bon bons.
    JUST sayin'........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take as much time as you need to feel sorry for yourself, but hope you feel better soon...and if your throat begins to hurt wash a lemon well, cut it up throw it all into some water (you can add honey) boil it and once it's all soft and mushy, eat and drink it all up. I promise you should be better! it's hubby's family recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel: it's quite good I don't have the puppy here when I'm feeling rubbish, because I lose my patience and he doesn't realise *how* annoying it is getting up and down for his whims all the time. And standing by the back door while he does a very slow inspection of the garden at 10pm ;-)

    Karen: thanks for the tip! :-)

    JX

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)