I'm having a 'bugged' day. Everything seems to irritate me; I seem to have a permanent frown on my face; if someone says the wrong thing I might cry*. And little things just build up. Here are the things that have bugged me this morning...
1. The way the zip tag on my jeans gets stuck upside down at the bottom and I break my fingernails trying to extricate it.
2. The fact that you get a mountain of unintelligible paperwork with a new pension.
3. The way the dog barks every time he hears the slightest noise. He never used to; I'm not sure whether he is protecting me or going senile.
4. How a friend who I haven't seen for about 15 years is probably going to be turning up around lunchtime with half a day's warning... I hope they like cheese on toast.
5. The way everything about work seems to aggravate me at the moment. Maybe I am starting to suffer from the isolation of being here alone instead of in the office. I'd rather be doing anything than running around after deadlines that apply to people's leisure time, we're not talking about saving lives here; so I am writing this instead.
6. How everything just seems Too Hard. Not every day stuff but going to places, arranging things, getting more than one person in the same place at the same time, seeing people.
I feel like hibernating for the winter and only letting Mr H into my fluff-lined den.
*All it took was my mother saying on the phone 'you'd better speak to dad' instead of discussing something simple with me herself, and that was it, I was off into that bad place of dripping tears into my lunch.
I'm looking forward to when I can escape to places like this to clear my head: