Pages

Sunday 10 October 2010

Maybe perhaps, if possible

This morning I have a headache, one of those ones that starts down in the base of my skull and works it's way up.  Which is annoying but at least it's Sunday so I haven't got to face the dreaded e-mails. Anyway, nothing a shower and bacon & egg breakfast won't sort out...!

I have no real plans for today, except for a bit of studying when the headache goes, and reading my book. A friend is coming to take Django out, which is good because he's climbing the walls now!  This friend is usually a bit vague as to when she can manage to fit in a dog walk or a visit, as she is so busy at the moment; but I have a definite date for today.

She has instructions for a no-woods walk so nothing catches on Django's stitched bit; the stitches are still in it but they are supposed to be dissolving ones.. but how long do they take to dissolve?  the vet always says 'yes they're dissolving BUT you'd better bring him back in' ie. £££. and I've already sent off the insurance claim. Oh thfltlthflhthflfl or however you type a {raspberry} sound.

Why is it when one mentions money, £££ never looks as effective as $$$?  It's strange, that.

This evening I might have visitors - friends who are maybe going to a wedding down here and if they do then they will probably drop in and see me. They live 250 miles up north so I don't see them very often.  All the mights and maybes and probablies pretty much dominate the vocabulary related to this friend; it used to really wind me up that nothing was ever certain and was highly likely to be cancelled at the last minute; but now I just think "whatever".   Life's Too Short. And anyway it's their loss if they don't see me, right? ;-)


As I need a picture for this post, here is a gratuitous photo, which would fit into Carmi's Branched theme, and also act as a navigation aid for my friend should he and his girlfriend come south.







11 comments:

  1. Wouldn't be surprised if your headache is caused by all the maybes and perhapses. I cant stand that kind of uncertainty , I just cant relax untill I know. And yes life is too short your right but it is a pain all the same:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janie, no it's not, because I'm not really that bothered whether they do or not. Except that it would be nice to know if someone's going to turn up when I'm in the middle of my supper!

    I used to be like that (especialy with him) - it got me on edge. But over the last 3 months I've realised there are more important things in life.

    JX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope the headache backs off. I'm not real fond of headaches.

    Good for you not to get wrapped around the axel on the 'maybe/perhaps'.

    I'm with ya--life's too short and there's plenty of things with priorities over those silly 'maybe/perhaps'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Juniper, did your friends say they would call when they were in your vicinity? I can't imagine anyone just popping in.. cuz suppose u step out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The $$$ seem like a local thing. There a lot of places I travel, can you take dollars? "ooo yes, sir" (calculating my extra special exchange rate in their heads). Except in the UK, I was out before having had a chance to change money. Dollars? "Lovely sir, but would you happen to have real money?"

    I hope you have Django out for a stroll in the woods again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juniper: Almost all my friends are "perhapsers." It is frustrating and headache producing.

    As for money, to a Brit, perhaps £££ never appears as effective as $$$, but as a Yank, ¥¥¥ scares the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever, has become my new word lately as well. I say too bad for them if they don't make it...because you have all that cool honey to share with them. haha but really I've learned lately to not count on much, and if and when it happens, JOY! it has done wonders for my head aches. One exercise I have for our Lady and Allie (collie mix and cocker spaniel) is our frisbee! they can run after it and bring it back all day long! Since we're out in the country I have to drive them to town for long walks. And Allie really needs exercise right now 10lbs over weight! I hope your Sunday is joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim: absolutely right, no point in trying to pay in dollars here! (well maybe in some places in London perhaps).

    Karen: you've confused me... you live in the country and you drive to TOWN for long walks...??

    Headache is gone; we are having summer weather today so I'm sitting on the veranda in t-shirt and sunnies. And my neighbour has been mowing so that made it feel even more summery :-)

    JX

    ReplyDelete
  9. t shirts? mowing?

    your friends would be nutz not to flee to the south coast.
    it's been warm here ...but not That kinda warm....

    ReplyDelete
  10. They did come down, but as they were still at the wedding reception at 5 (in fact they may still be there!) it would have all ended up far too late for them getting home.

    Sorry you haven't had the same balmy weather up there, I'll send some up!

    JX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love street pictures, especially ones as evocative as this. They invite you in to take a closer look, to linger around and explore. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)