Pages

Saturday 20 November 2010

Six Word Saturday : a grand day out

Tired feet, tired hands, good day :-)

Today we met up with my niece who is at Uni in Glasgow, she caught the train down to Ayr and we did the tourist thing.





The end of the day my feet were sore, and my hands were aching (from the crutches), I reckoned that we had walked at least the Lang Scots Mile, twice!   We had burgers and chips in a seaside cafe which sold buckets and spades, and inflatable beach-balls and dinghies.  It was the first time we'd ever spent time with my niece on her own (ie. without one of her parents being there) and it was great to get to know her a bit better.  

Another lovely day :-)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds tiring, but oh so much fun. What good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juniper: It is wonderful to see you so happy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your enjoying your time away and having such a great time. Some beautiful photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I've never been to Glasgow but I was in Edinburgh earlier this year and this brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots of sky and water... I really want to visit Scotland some day - it's the place of my forbears.

    You did well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is being so kind to you, I'm so pleased you can get those beautiful sun/water photos. And lots of pictures in your head forever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bonding time and love your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)