Pages

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Insiders

I have been reading about neurons and the central nervous system as part of my studies, in the biological psychology section.    I never took much interest in biology when I was at school but now I find such information interesting; and when studying psychology it is nice to have some black and white facts for a change, instead of the constant greyness of psychological theories.

Neurons are information processors, the little fellas who get notifications about pain and other tactile happenings to the brain and then back to the muscles for action. I think they are pretty cool.   It got me thinking about how my neurons had been affected by the crash and the fact that the shock means you don't feel the pain straight away.

This is what I think the neurons in my leg were saying:

Click to enlarge

13 comments:

  1. you have the cutes way of explaining it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your neurons...they made me smile :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, poor Juni and Juni's nerves

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture.

    I know what you mean about hurting later, when I fell down the stairs my coccyx took a whole day before it let my brain know it hurt then it kept telling it for weeks :( Thank goodness for Co-codamol is all I can say.

    Hows your pain management now has every thing settled down ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, well said and very well illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This is very funny... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well at least the pain has been good for something - a delightful little illo...well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute neurons, who'd've thought it.. ;-) I think they might pop up again sometime, I could get attached to them.

    CJ: ouch I bet it did! My leg is pretty achy most of the time, but nothing I can't handle. Now I've been reading about how drugs work (coincidentally in the studying) - very interesting!

    Julie, Kay and Kristin: Hello! thank you for calling in to my blog :-)

    dthaase: thanks!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)