Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

Six Word Saturday

6 Word Saturday

What I want, When I want

There is something infinitely satisfying about a day with No Plans.  I can do exactly as my mind or body desires.  If that involves hoovering or some work then so be it - it's my choice, to do or not to do.  There is no-one here to tell me I should or shouldn't be doing things. There is no time at which I have to have lunch, or expect visitors, or feel as though I should be going to see my parents (since they are away for the weekend).

After letting DJ out, feeding him and getting a cup of tea, this morning I lay in bed til 9am, during which I made a list of all the things I'd remembered I have to do for work.  I tend to think of things either last thing at night, or first thing in the morning, at which point a notepad and pen by the bed are essential. And sometimes the ability to write legibly in the dark.



I really like the idea of distinguishing between Notes and Rests in life as you do in music.

It's now 10.30am and so far all I have done is read my (personal) e-mails, have another cup of tea and a pain-au-chocolat and put some washing in. Nothing too strenuous.

I might:

Do some studying
Walk Django
Hoover
Wash-up
Watch a psychology programme on iPlayer
Write letters
Do some work
Wash my hair
Get some wood in for the fire

Or I might not.

10 comments:

  1. Well, whatever you decide to do today...ENJOY!

    Happy Saturday!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds wonderful! My Sunday will be your Saturday. But, for today,,,,,,ugh, I got's things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I long for a day like that, but kids just don't allow it. Plus a nagging partner! :D

    Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this post! I can relate, and I long for every day whenever that I can just do whatever comes to mind, or just nothing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The choices and options we can choose. Balancing work and rest is music to my ears. Really like the correlation you make. Fabulous post.

    Have an enjoyable one whether you elect to do something or not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I thought this post was going to say something about music. But lists are always good too! Yeah I wish the good things that I come up with were at night/early morning but unfortunately they don't. Oh well.

    http://theadorkableditzmissteps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwww.....what a nice way to spend the day--what you want, when you want.

    I'll have to remember to do that tomorrow!
    Ummmmmm....yeah, not so much--places to go, things to do. *laughing*

    I'll live vacariously through your WYW x2 day!

    And try not to grumble as I try to finish the linens and make beds....and put laundry away....and put dishes away..... *grumbling*

    ReplyDelete
  9. After many years of marriage, something I value enormously is having the house to myself on a weekend or holiday... BLISS!

    Hope you really enjoyed your day.

    I always keep a paper and pen under my pillow. In the morning it sometimes takes me a while to work out what I wrote... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so nice to do what you want, or not do it at all. I hope you had a great day. Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)