Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

Annual event

We have a 4 day weekend here, Monday and Tuesday are bank holidays.  The publicity says that it's something to do with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee but I know that really it's because of my birthday.   Tomorrow I become nearer 50 than 40... but I feel about 33 (I don't care how much my nephews and nieces, and friends in their 20s, tell me how old I am!)

So, are Mr H and I going out to celebrate?  well yes, we thought we may take fish and chips to the beach if it's dry :-)    I'm really 'over' going out to eat at the moment, and so is he; we don't get as much pleasure out of it as other people seem to, plus we need the money for more important things.

My birthday present from him is fixing up the Imp, he's been working so hard on the engine and now the suspension, that it's worth much more to me than any 'got to get something' present.



2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww......belated birthday wishes to you!!

    What a sweetheart.
    I have an upcoming b'day.....is he available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I'll send him over ;-) Early happy birthday to you! xx

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to leave a comment, I'd love to hear it.

If you prefer to just read, appreciate and then move on, that's fine too :-)